Years ago when we had our oldest on a gluten-free diet, I quickly learned that the best ways to do that diet on a budget is to avoid gluten all together. And bake sparingly, and from scratch. I learned to base our meals around sweet potatoes, potatoes and brown rice. Adding in brown rice pasta, as our budget allowed. At the moment, we have 1 kid off dairy and soy, another kid off gluten and soy...so I find myself again going back to this rule for making dinner for less with food allergies. A few weeks back, I was thinking about stuffed potatoes...specifically stuffed sweet potatoes. I figured you could "curry them up" somehow. But I wanted something beyond that. I went searching, and came across this Stuffed Sweet Potato with Mango-Black Bean Salsa, that was apparently featured in a Food Network Magazine. Sounded great...and totally doable under $5 too! I had some sweet potatoes leftover from Easter week (super sale!), and already had a can of black beans on hand. Add in cheap mango and green peppers from Aldi and we've got a super inexpensive, filling and perfectly sweet dinner! -- posted by ElizabethKnicely
via Food.com: Newest recipes Get the full recipe here
via Food.com: Newest recipes Get the full recipe here
No comments:
Post a Comment