nav

Friday, June 20, 2014

B-L-Tomatillo Sandwich

My original intention with this recipe was to make a Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwich. I adore fried green tomatoes, I love their tang and their overall flavor and thought they'd be the perfect replacement for a red tomato in the traditional BLT sandwich. Well...I can't find green tomatoes...anywhere. I've called every single grocery store near me...no one has them. The farmer's market is a little far away for me to drive out for just a tomato, and the other one (that I know of!) nearby has the same hours that we were in church. I'm sure there are others and I'm hoping to discover them this summer. So I decided to try the sandwich with a tomatillo instead. It goes like this...pull off the leafy outside. Slice. Saute with salt and pepper. Put on sandwich. Loved the tangy flavor that the tomatillos added to the sandwich...great complement to the slight tang in the mayo, plus the crisp from the bacon. Delightful sandwich here y'all! -- posted by ElizabethKnicely



via Food.com: Newest recipes Get the full recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment